Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Few Nonfiction Pieces

These days I'm calling my dear older son "Journey Boy," for reasons I made clear on my other blog -- the one that's mostly dedicated to my shamelessly shallow addiction to J. Crew clothes.  See this post where I introduced him to the blogosphere.  This morning I posted an update about Journey Boy's great adventure.  As I was elliptical-trainering this afternoon, it occurred to me that I should link a few of my non-J. Crew-related posts from that blog to this one, for the benefit of any existing or future Followers of "500 Characters Max" who don't share my interest in the Crewniverse.  I don't pretend to understand you, but I do forgive you and welcome you here. :-)  And I'd like to introduce you, too, to my precious Journey Boy, so I direct you to the two posts about him linked here.

I'll toss out two more links for you to essay-style posts on my other blog.  Fair warning: Even when not responding to a writing prompt that says "be very descriptive" (see "Prologue"!), I'm prone to long and winding linguistic roads.  I do aspire to mix that up a bit, too, so feel free to critique the writing as much as you'd like.  In the meantime, I hope you'll enjoy getting to know me a little better through these pieces.

Why I Love Man Caves

Phyllo Dough Friends

3 comments:

  1. I remember both of these posts/stories, and LOVED them. I just love linking life's little happenings to metaphors that are so appropriate, even if random, like phyllo dough!

    I was thinking, as I was re-reading your post on "journey boy," how COOL it would be to write a children's book using that title! What a fun project that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd wish you luck, but you don't need any. You have that and everything else already, including an awesome haircut!

    34b bra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using an elliptical machine! It is such a great low impact cardio workout! Plus you can multitask and read blogs at the same time!

    ReplyDelete